[wp-tiles post_type=”page” id=”4814,4855,4845,4864,5923,5936,5941,5949″ orderby=”date” order=”DESC” grids=”5xTiles” small_screen_grid=”Mobile” breakpoint=”500″ padding=”5″ pagination=”ajax” grid_selector_color=”#444444″]
Our interest in interaction techniques, interactive systems and applications that change the way we perceive and capture information. Our experience in the world is strongly impacted by digital technologies. With our research we aim shape interaction in a future world with a goal of simplifying tasks in work and life through enjoyable technologies.
Over the last 15 years we have made many contributions to human computer interaction in the context of ubiquitous computing – now called by many different terms, including internet of things (IoT) and cyber-physical systems. Our focus is on researching new technologies, methods, and systems that are enabled through computing becoming pervasive in our environments.
If what you see on the web page makes you curious, please come and see us in person!
We work on a set of different projects, some international (e.g. European Projects, FP7, H2020), some national in collaboration with industry (e.g. BMBF, BMWi), others are on basic research (e.g. DFG), and also direct bi-lateral collaboration with industry.
Topics we are interested in include:
- enhancing human cognitive abilities
- creating systems that support human memory
- technologies for supporting of information acquisition tasks, such as reading
- interaction with wearable computing systems
- sensor based user interfaces
- interactive systems for teaching and cultural heritage
- end-user development for ubiquitous computing systems
- vehicular applications for autonomous driving and automotive UIs
- gaze based interaction and eye-tracking
- mobile and distributed interactive systems